[PD] Am I in time to propose the Xth Sense lib to be included in Pd-ext?

Marco Donnarumma devel at thesaddj.com
Sun Mar 11 12:45:40 CET 2012

> This might seem annoying, but I have found it makes it much easier for
> people to install things: the meta file "xthsense-meta.pd", the download
> page title "Xth-Sense-library", the library name "Xth-Sense-lib", and the
> folder from the download folder "marcodsad-Xth-Sense-lib-5299660" are all
> different names.

No, it's not annoying at all, it is actually a good point.
I renamed everything related to the XS lib as "xth-sense-lib".
I'd rather the dashes instead of one word as there are other two projects
out there called xsens and xsense.
On top of that, there is also the software which, guess what?, is called
Xth Sense.

Anyway, I renamed the Pd portal page, the github repo and the *meta.pd too.
Added also a new tag for the current snapshot.

> - create a folder in your git called "xthsense"
> - move all of the objects into that folder
> - add a README.txt telling people to drop the "xthsense" folder into the
> standard user folder:
> http://puredata.info/docs/faq/how-do-i-install-externals-and-help-files

I'm not really sure either I understand this correctly, or I agree with it.
You mean change my local repo, by including a subfolder into the main
library folder which would include all the objects?
and then push everything?

If ppl have to unzip a file, find a folder with a weird name, go into it,
take the new folder with the right name, and put it somewhere,
I don't see why this would be easier than just unzip the github file,
rename the first folder you get and move it.

I can't find other examples to understand better what you mean.

thanks for your advice,

--
Marco Donnarumma
New Media + Sonic Arts Practitioner, Performer, Teacher, Director.