[PD] vline~ precision, or sequentially segmented playback of a buffer

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Mar 13 09:55:06 CET 2012

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 11:32:44AM -0400, William Brent wrote:
> I'm also wondering about the timing of tabread4~'s offset inlet being
> updated.  I get fewer clicks by tossing most of the patch into a
> subpatch with [block~ 1].  I haven't checked really carefully, but
> that does seem to make it so that clicks only occur where there are
> gaps in the log.txt file.

This also is the reason for the 181 msec clicks I get. Replacing the whole
[list-sub] construction with a simple [$1, $2 $3( between [textfile] and
[vline~] gives a nice and clean sound, except at the turnaround points where
clicks are expected anyway.

The offset-index of [tabread4~] is a message inlet that is not timing accurate,
[tabread4~] will use the value from here at a different time than [vline~] uses
its own copy of the value, leading to clicks.

Ciao
--
 Frank Barknecht            Do You RjDj.me?          _ ______footils.org__