[PD] why does PD round numbers? (in tables, in messageboxes, etc)

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Apr 10 14:32:42 CEST 2012

On 04/10/12 10:33, katja wrote:
> I mean to say that switching to any format other than decimal ASCII
> would make it impossible for Pd to interpret patch files using the
> current format.

why?

> Large tables are mostly stored in an audio format, rather than text.

i was talking about pd/pd-gui communication (and keep the number format
for both saving and pd/gui communication the same).
when displaying/updating a table every single number is converted to
text using printf, send over the wire and then converted back to a
number for drawing the table.
it makes a difference if you have to transmit 44100
*4 bytes or 44100*12 bytes.

fgmasdr
IOhannes