[PD] Virtual Mixer for Telematic Music

Michal Seta mis at artengine.ca
Tue Apr 10 14:48:23 CEST 2012

Hi Rishabh,

On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 3:31 PM, Rishabh Natarajan
<rishabh.natarajan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Error message: Invalid number of channels

This is actually a (almost) very informative error message. You want
pd use more channels than are physically or virtually available on
your system. You should probably provide some more info about your
setup: how many audio interfaces, what kind, how many I/O, do you use
jack or not etc. I don't think you can tell pd to use more than one
audio interface at a time. Depending on the OS/platform you are using,
there may be ways to trick the OS into using 2 or more audio
interfaces as one but it is not for the feint of heart and generally
not very reliable and may lead to some unpredictable behaviour. What I
understand is that you want to make a matrix that can route any signal
input to any output. However, the fact that you want to use several
audio interfaces is unclear to me, I would expect audio over some
network streams in a telematic performance...

As for Pd options, the command-line options override the options saved
in your .pdrc file. Usually, the settings that you specify in the GUI
are persistent, those you specify on the command line are valid until
you quit the instance of pd.

./MiS