[PD] Virtual Mixer for Telematic Music

Rishabh Natarajan rishabh.natarajan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 17:58:29 CEST 2012

Hi Michael,

Iain explained to me that I do not need multiple interfaces to route output
to multiple locations. Indeed I am using Jack and have managed to route
audio and switch audio between 2 sources. Now I'm trying to figure out how
to keep the audio running from one channel, while I mix another, because
clearly I cannot pause sound during the live performance and have to be
able to switch without cutting off the output. This also means that I
should be able to retain the slider levels for different mixers so that
when I switch back to them they should jump back to those positions. I'm
working on this logic and I believe I might be on it!

One weird problem I'm facing right now, is the polygate object, used to
crossfade while switching between sources. For some reason, the object
cannot be created on Windows, while it is fine on my mac. I keep getting
this error (from Iain's example patch):

"polygate~ 2 100
... couldn't create"

I don't think that has anything do with starting through Command Line (or
Prompt in the case of Windows) because by starting pd-extended normally on
mac also, there was no issue with the polygate object being created. I'm
trying to figure out why this is happening on Windows.

Thanks,
Rishabh