[PD] [PD-announce] framesync 0.0 released! Library for syncing sound to videos

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Apr 11 04:50:09 CEST 2012

Finally, after a few years, I've made a framesync release!  Its been working really well for me, now we can see how it'll work for you ;).

http://puredata.info/downloads/framesync

framesync is a library for syncing sounds to video using frame numbers as the unit of time. It was developed as part of the sound design for a number of video projects: nohTimegarden with Claudia Hart, the Cartier Foundation's Terre Natale project, and most recently Undervine with Bobby Pietrusko and Stewart Smith. There are a couple of concepts in this library necessary to understand in order to use it:

• the FPS (Frames-Per-Second) is a global value set everywhere

• the frameclock is global, and each framesync object receives it automatically

• the frameclock starts at 0 and flows linearly