[PD] [GEM] pix_external, OS X 10.7

J Oliver jaime.oliver2 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 22:41:58 CEST 2012

Please ignore the previous message. I mixed up some files ...
autogen.sh runs fine.
pix_example compiles and loads fine now.

However, it is a limitation that pix_externals need to be compiled with the same version of Gem.
This prevents combining two binaries compiled with different versions and therefore makes it harder to share.

Or perhaps the case is that it needs to have a specific version or older?

In short, if someone wants to compile their own pix_external in OS X 10.7 as of gem 0.93.3, you need to:

1) download gem binaries for os x and gem source
2) Create a project in /extra just like the other projects there.
3) modify the config files as specified in "README-EXTRA.txt"
4) run ./autogen.sh
5) run ./configure --enable-fat-binary=i386 --with-pd=/Applications/Pd-0.43-2.app/Contents/Resources/
6) cd into the project folder and run make
7) put the project folder in the path of Pd...

Jaime Oliver
www.jaimeoliver.pe
jo2357 at columbia.edu
Columbia University