[PD] error: maximum object loading depth 1000 reached (was: pduino patches on pdx)

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 08:28:50 CEST 2012

On Sun, 2012-04-15 at 19:45 -0400, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> On Apr 13, 2012, at 3:44 AM, Roman Haefeli wrote:

> >> I think I experienced once also problem with "maximum object loading
> >> depth 1000 reached" and this was on Pd-vanilla without libdir. So
> >> probably there is still a problem outside of libdir?
> >>
> >> I'll post again, when I figured out how to exactly reproduce the
> >> situation.
> >
> > This also triggers the same error, although this is with a binary
> > external and with no libdir involved:
> >
> > [declare -stdpath extra/iemnet]
> >
> > [tcpclient] <- works fine
> > [iemnet/tcplient] <- triggers error from subject
> >

> > Why is that?
> >
> > Roman
>
> The "depth 1000" error is completely separate from libdir.

Yes, that is why I said in the above example there is _no_ libdir loader
involved.

>   It is caused by when you try to load an object, and Pd can load the
> files, but can't find a setup() function mapped to the classname.

Aha, thanks for the explanation.

But why is it, that [iemnet/tcpclient] works fine without having the
above [declare] statement in the patch, but fails with "maximum depth
reached" when there is a such statement?
Sounds like a bug in [declare], but is it really?

Roman