[PD] HID double triggers

James Dunn james at 4thharmonic.com
Wed Apr 18 17:53:44 CEST 2012

Hi list,

recently I've been playing around with [hid] again and still have the
issue with double triggers on linux (see previous post here
<http://www.mail-archive.com/pd-list@iem.at/msg32170.html>).

I've downloaded the latest version of
Pd-0.43.1-extended-ubuntu-lucid-i386.deb
<http://autobuild.puredata.info/auto-build/latest/Pd-0.43.1-extended-ubuntu-lucid-i386.deb>
but I have the same problem with my existing Arch Linux installation on
my laptop as well.

It works fine on Mac 10.6. The problem is that I basically get two
identical events for each key press and release, ie:

[hid] 0.7, written by Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org>
     compiled on Apr 15 2012 at 08:12:47
[hid] opened device 4 (/dev/input/event4): AT Translated Set 2 keyboard
print: key key_u 1
print: key key_u 1
print: key key_u 0
print: key key_u 0