[PD] HID double triggers

Andrew Faraday jbturgid at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 18 20:27:15 CEST 2012

I've had this problem before with [hid], apparently it's a hardware issue called 'debouncing', which is often ignored because it is often irrelevant (pushed is pushed, for game controllers, rather than a button-on/button-off signal used for most music systems).

You can deal with the problem in pure data by using a trigger, float and delay of one millisecond. See the attached patch, click the message boxes and watch your terminal for the result.

I hope this helps.

Andrew