[PD] Retrieving data directly into PD from HC-SR04 sensors connected to Arduino

Pierre Massat pimassat at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 16:49:22 CEST 2012

Are you using this code :
http://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/UltrasoundSensor
?

Apparently Ultrasound sensors need to use a single pin as both input and
output (to send a pulse and to receive the echo). Unfortunately i don't
think Firmata can do that (it should be possible but I suspect there would
be some latency when switching from input to ouput back and forth -
somebody confirm this??).

If you only need these 4 sensors, you can adapt the example code for
ultrasound sensors to output the data, and read it using [comport] in Pd.
This object is at the core of Pduino.

(You shouldn't see anything in Pd console when using Pduino, except
information about the current connection and the device.)