[PD] PS3eye macam pix_video duplicate frames

William Brent william.brent at gmail.com
Fri May 4 04:46:01 CEST 2012

Hi list,

I've been banging my head against a wall trying to understand why I'm
getting duplicate frames from the PS3seye camera using the
macam-cvs-build-2009-09-25 driver.  This is using Gem 0.93.3 with Pd
vanilla 0.42-6 on a Macbook Pro 2.53 Ghz i5, OS 10.6.8.

No matter what frame rate I set in the macam driver dialog via GEM, I
get at least 2 duplicate frames.  The attached patch is the simplest
case with single buffer mode for the gemwin.  When I bang the gemhead
to see the next frame, I get duplicates using the PS3eye.  When I use
the built in camera, no duplicates.  Can anyone with a similar setup
confirm this?

Thanks for any and all insight,
William

--
William Brent
www.williambrent.com

“Great minds flock together”
Conflations: conversational idiom for the 21st century

www.conflations.com