[PD] [PD-dev] Plugins preferences (Was Re: Plugins Plugin error)

András Murányi muranyia at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 23:18:42 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 9:31 PM, yvan volochine <yvan.pd at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 06/01/2012 09:28 PM, yvan volochine wrote:
>
>> but really, instead of YA-Gui-Plugin that manages all other Gui-Plugins,
>> why not add an option in pd menu that lists and (en|dis)able plugins at
>> user's will? (which would be part of the core of pd of course)
>> now that pd ships with plugins ability, it would make much more sense
>> IMHO..
>>

> and of course one should use pd_guiprefs to handle that..

Thanks for the comments. Then it seems this functionality should go into
main pd-x GUI. I will try to work it out - I'll just have to make the
dialog window prettier because such an ugly window that was acceptable for
the plugin cannot go into main pd :o)

What do you think about changing the pd_guiprefs interface in way like this:
 (current -> proposed:)
 domain (always "pd-extended") -> could be hardwired to "pd-extended"
 key (name of the owner module, eg. "recentfiles") -> domain
 (currently doesn't exist) -> key (so that you can target a single line in
a config file)
 value (the content of the whole file) -> value (the value of a single key)
This change would make pd_guiprefs compatible with the .pdextended file as
well. Of course, then recentfiles.conf will look something like this:
 recentfile1: /path/to/recentfile.pd
 recentfile2: /path/to/another.pd
 (etc.)

András