[PD] settable receive again (was: ipoke~ ?)

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 15:05:45 CEST 2012

On Don, 2012-06-07 at 15:43 -0700, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

> What are the conceptual reasons?

I don't know actually. I somehow thought, that the missing ability to
set the receive symbol in [r ] was intentional. And since I never saw an
urgent need for it, I never questioned my somewhat silly assumption.
However, it seems now this feature hasn't been added simply because of
the bug it would expose.

Regarding your use case: I would do it like Cyrille proposed it in the
previous mail. Now, would that solve your problem or am I still totally
misunderstanding you? (Sorry if I do)

Roman