[PD] settable receive again

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 10 19:20:06 CEST 2012

----- Original Message -----

For the purposes of this constrained example-- where I'm _only_ concerned
with my abstraction that takes $1 and prepends the parent's "$0-" to it--
I have the receive set by loadbang.

In my example from the "nonlocal message passing scope" thread I might
have added a 2nd inlet to reset the symbol, but that's irrelevant here.  The
main point is that the question "why would you ever want a settable receive"
has a clear answer, and in this example it's much preferable to the alternatives.

-Jonathan