[PD] settable receive again

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 9 18:36:03 CEST 2012

----- Original Message -----

What if some other abstraction somewhere uses that symbol?  The
whole point of $0 is that you don't need to worry about this.

> this 2 abstractions work exactly like a real settable send and receive, at least
> for the local / global send.

No, they don't.  They have an additional feature/bug of filtering lists that have a
symbol as the first element. "list foo bar" comes out "foo bar" at the other end.

Like I wrote, it's possible to hack around this problem.  But that's much uglier
than, say, sending a symbol to an inlet.

-Jonathan