[PD] Nport Server with Pure Data for Hardware Control

Pagano, Patrick pat at digitalworlds.ufl.edu
Tue Jun 19 20:52:09 CEST 2012

Hello

I am going to endeavor to get a moxa 8 port Ethernet to serial controller working with pure data if possible and I was wondering if anyone has used such a device or Ethernet to Serial control in Pure Data. I have 5 projection Design Projectors that I want to

1.)    Power On

2.)    Power Off

3.)    Shutter

4.)    Switch Source

I would love to hear from anyone as I get started on this. Previously we had some home grown java controller but it really is not working anymore. I would like to have some simple buttons in pd controlling the messages

pp

Patrick Pagano, B.S, M.F.A
Assistant in Digital Arts and Science
Digital Worlds Institute