[PD] creation parameters to inlets/outlets for documentation?

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Tue Jun 19 21:41:32 CEST 2012

hi *!

first of all, thanks for all your helpful replies to my earlier question
about messages and abstraction - i'm still trying to understand some of
the comments, but i'm going with claude's suggestion for now to keep the
ID knowledge outside of all related objects and not use $0. so far, that
seems to do the job, and the code is a lot cleaner now. will post asap.

quick question: is it legal to (ab)use creation parameters to inlets and
outlets for documentation, or does that lead to unwanted side effects?

i'd like to do something like this:

[inlet Set level in dB]
[inlet Set Fader position in mm]

[outlet Current level in dB]
[outlet Current Fader position in mm]
[outlet~ Gain coefficient]

of course i could use comments, but i don't like the way they don't
line-wrap in a controlled way, plus their association to what they are
annotating is a bit weak for my taste...

best,

jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net