[PD] dynamic patching woes...

Patrice Colet colet.patrice at free.fr
Fri Jun 22 20:09:22 CEST 2012

Hello,

 you've described explicitely the reasons why I don't use abstractions in a dynamic patching project,
at least the audio part. The signal objects won't work unless you make some connections inside your abstraction,
manually or with an internal message. In fact instead of dynamically creating abstractions, using internal messages for constructing all the patch should be a better approach, you can store the lines of code that is constructing the patches with [textfile], and then you can clear and reconstruct any part of the patch by using an internal message manager, that can be made with a few objects.
 Also, I don't really get why you don't use [throw~] [catch~] [send~] and [receive~] instead of [inlet~] [outlet~]

Colet Patrice