[PD] running Pd with a timer for an installation?

tim vets timvets at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 15:05:35 CEST 2012

2012/7/10 Jean-Marie Adrien <jma at jeanmarie-adrien.net>

> well Chris, on my side shutting down every day the mac and restarting from
> fresh every morning seems the only smart way to avoid unpredictable
> numerical papillon effects, kind of slow drifting towards crash, that in
> the end freeze the patch for reasons I ignore : I name it "the unreachable
> bug of the 428th hour" !
> I run multiple instances of PD on multicore, GEM things and real time
> complicated audio.
> ... plus this cools the mac down !
> Jm

You don't necessarily have to shut down the computer to close/restart your
patches...
I often do so anyway because it's the quickest and simplest way to be sure
that every morning the installation starts up exactly the same way,
but I do it mostly with old hardware that's easily replaceable if it
brakes, though I haven't broken any computers this way... yet...