[PD] pd fails to boot with init.d startup script

Duncan Speakman duncan.kleindesign at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 12:43:48 CEST 2012

I have made an init.d script to start and stop pd. This works fine in
an ssh console. However when the script is invoked by the runlevel
startup sequence ie rc5.d/S99puredata, pd complains thus:

pd: error while loading shared libraries: libjack.so.0: cannot open

This is peculiar as I'm using alsa and jack isn't installed. I have
verified that the alsa devices have initialised before pd is loade.
Why is pd looking for jack and failing to open? Is there something
weird about using alsa from an rc script rather than the user
console?"

Running Ubuntu 12.04 - armhf

thanks for any thoughts!

follow me : @_dspk