[PD] readsf~ problem with 28-channel 256hz file

kristof lauwers pd at kristoflauwers.domainepublic.net
Tue Aug 7 16:23:23 CEST 2012

At 14:07 2012-08-07, i go bananas wrote:

>If you only want to playback the data, then the easiest way might be
>just to change pd's sample rate to 256hz.
>
>If that doesn't work, maybe have a look at readsf~ help to see how
>to manually set playback parameters

well, i want to use the EEG data as control data for an audio signal,
so lowering the samplerate is no option..
the help from readsf~ doesn't say anything about changing the
samplerate.. (but shouldn't it just read the right samplerate from
the file? it's a normal .wav file..)

At 15:17 2012-08-07, Johanna Nowak wrote:

 > have a look at the help-file for the block~ object, which can do
 > up/downsampling in a subpatch.

i tried running it from a subpatch with a lower samplerate, but that
didn't change anything..

 > If you have enough ram, you could also load all soundfile data into 28
 > tables, and read from those using tabread4~ or even a message-based
 > tabread followed by a line~.

i will give that a try. thanks for the suggestion!

greetings,

Kristof