[PD] beamforming, mic array and audio source localization

Max abonnements at revolwear.com
Tue Aug 21 21:04:40 CEST 2012

i was checking what the game peripherals offer in that direction and in the wikipedia it says about the Kinect (Windows SDK) that its „Audio processing capabilities (…) include beam formation“ It has a microphone array built in. The PS Eye also has 4 mics which work plug and play with Pd (contrary to the ones in the Kinect) but the Wikipedia article only says that it “features a built-in four-capsule microphone array, with which the PlayStation 3 can employ technologies for multi-directional voice location tracking”

m.