[PD] another day's raspberry pi experiences

Charles Goyard cg at fsck.fr
Tue Sep 11 17:42:03 CEST 2012

Geoffroy wrote:
> I read that a real time kernel would be quite useful on a raspberry pi
> for pure data, and I wonder if this project would help:

Maybe there's a confusion between real-time priority (standard kernel)
and hard real-time (RT kernel).

Hard real-time is more for really time-critical stuff down to
microseconds, like driving a CNC or stuff. Having a real-time task
running can feel like your computer is super-slow. It's more made for
single task processing.

As far as pd is concerned, I'd say real-time priority is
enough, and is configured with /etc/security/limits.conf.

++
--
Charlot