[PD] [OT] Portable webserver with static IP

Pierre Massat pimassat at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 11:49:45 CEST 2012

Ok, what I really need is a name annoucer.
Now, if avahi is installed on my RPi machine called "server_pi"  (that I
would like to use as a server), can I access it from any other machine
connected to the local network by using "http://server_pi" in a web
browser, or do I need to have something installed on the client machine
first (like Bonjour if it's a windows PC)? I'd rather not install anything
on the "client" machine.

Cheers,

Pierre.