[PD] Pd-extended 0.43 and Openbox

Nicola Pandini nicola.pandini at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 14:11:32 CEST 2012

Il 04/10/2012 02:08, Simon Wise ha scritto:
> On 04/10/12 04:07, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
>> Sounds like this should actually be:
>>
>> set x [ expr max($x % $screenwidth - $::windowframex, 0)]
>> set y [ expr max($y % $screenheight - $::windowframey, 0)]
>>
>> That would ensure that x and y are always>= 0. Does changing that in
>> pdtk_canvas.tcl solve your issue?
>>
>> The tricky part here is that this would then break how Pd strictly sets
>> the position of existing patches based on the values on the first line
>> of the patch file.
>
> wouldn't that make it difficult to put the window outside the screen
> deliberately ... for example to hide the window decorations off-screen?
>
> I have needed to use this a few times (when making the window properly
> fullscreen was not possible or appropriate), and it is sometimes a lot
> easier than trying to work out how to tell a particular window manager
> not to put decorations on a particular window.
>
> Simon

Hi Simon, with this:

if {$geometry == "+0+0"} {
         set x 0
         set y 0
     } else {
         set x [ expr $x % $screenwidth - $::windowframex]
         set y [ expr $y % $screenheight - $::windowframey]
     }

You'll keep the standard behaviour of Pd for all the saved patches, only
the new ones are forced to be placed to coords 0,0.

--
Nicola