[PD] OT: Partition space for ubuntu distro?

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 17 17:15:13 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm going to install ubuntu in my thinkpad x61s, and wanted to ask the
following questions for the most experienced persons around:

- the computer is for media work, 97% only Pd. Maybe some ardour or other
small programs (no video work)
- is the latest ubuntu version recommended? 12.04 LTS?
- although the computer is 64b, I think the 32b is better for
compatibility. is that right?
- hardwares I mostly work with are hammerfall multiface hdsp (original
model), bcf2000, wacom tablet
- anything else I should consider? does this version copes well with ntfs?
- usually I have my systems (w7 + ubuntu) in their individual partitions,
and all work files are in a 3rd partition.
- following the guidelines above (or any others you find relevant), how
much space should I reserve to install the ubuntu system?

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

João