[PD] i945GM not good enough for GEM anymore?

Charles Goyard cg at fsck.fr
Sat Oct 27 21:18:09 CEST 2012

Hi,
> On 10/27/2012 05:44 PM, Bastiaan van den Berg wrote:
> >I grabbed puredata 0.43.4 last night on my laptop, to play around with
> >some GEM stuff..
> >
> >But now, everytime I want to create a GEM window, i get the following error;
> >
> >GEM: failed to init GLEW: your system only supports openGL-1.0

I have pd-extended nightly snapshot 0.43.4 with latest git gem (not the
one included in pdX package), and intel graphics card (Intel HD Graphics
3000 I think), and it works.

Maybe you use a stable debian or lts ubuntu, and your drivers are
way old ?

I have: mesa 9.0, glew 1.8.0, xf86-video-intel 2.20.12 (one week old).

glewinfo reports OK to everything up to GL_VERSION_4_0.

Also have a look at http://intellinuxgraphics.org/ :

2012-02-23: Intel® 12.02 graphics package released, featuring new
 release versioning scheme, stable Intel Ivy Bridge support, OpenGL 3.0
 and GLSL 1.30 compatibility and stability fixes.

Hope that helps,

--
Charlot