[PD] MIDI and JACK autoconnection is a PITA...

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Oct 30 21:40:02 CET 2012

On 10/30/2012 08:05 PM, Miller Puckette wrote:
> Quick question... is this autoconnect problem only relevant to midi
> or does it also affect jack audio connections?  I'd like to try to fix
> this but never use jack so am not sure where to start.

my original implementation for alsa-MIDI (which is still used)
autoconnects if only one midi-port is opened it will autoconnect to all
available midi-ports.
this is meant for easy setup (after talking to nando at some lac a while
ago), but due to midi-thru is making more troubles than it solves.
for me it is fine to remove the autoconnect altogether (and if needed i
can provide a patch to fix this)

fgmads
IOhannes