[PD] rjdj is gone, robotcowboy is coming ...

Scott R. Looney scottrlooney at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 04:44:04 CET 2012

thanks for that excellent information Simon! very descriptive.

i am partially wondering about this myself because there are a few
developers out there using PD/libpd as a sound engine for games, and one
obstacle encountered is that it is not possible to use pd-extended under
libpd because of the issues copyleft/GPL presents when creating iOS apps. i
am personally in favor of open source/copyleft myself, but it is a
significant issue. i for one would love to see the cyclone library (both
audio and data objects) ported under a different license - is this just a
matter of recompiling from source independently, or should i get permission
from the maintainer (i think it's HC, right?) to do so?

scott

BTW i think Robotcowboy looks great, although i was also curious where
Chris M's PdParty (iOS version of DroidParty) alpha port went.