[PD] gcc export-dynamic error

enrike altern2 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 10:21:08 CET 2012

hi

I am trying to compile pd extended on Ubuntu 12.04.1 32 bits. I am doing
$ cd pure-data/packages/linux_make
$ make install && make package

First I get an error related to libjack (undefined reference to
'jack_port_register'). The list archives suggested to replace all
references to "jack" by "jack2" in pd/src/configure.

But now I am getting another error. This time gcc complains that
unrecognized option '--export-dynamic'

I have gcc 4.6.3-1ubuntu5. I have searched online but I dont see what
could I do to solve this. any ideas?

I have tried several times even starting from scratch deleting the whole
folder and uncompressing again from the source tar.gz

thanks

enrike