[PD] Massive Multichannel system

Fabio Kaiser faboile14 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 16:31:53 CET 2012

Hi,

I want to build an computer audio mixing/processing system based on PD. My questions are mainly concerned with the stability and reliability of the system.
So what do I need to do to make a software design in PD stable? The software should be able to do some calculations, equalization and routing for 64x64 hardware audio In/Out.

What do you recommend?
- System? I thought Linux Debian.
- Soundcard. RME MADI and the corresponding Linix driver seems to be a good choice.
- Configuration of PD? Are there some tricks to make PD rock-steady?
- Software design? What should I keep in mind when programming?
- Long-term stability? This system should work on demand and for a long time. Maybe shutting down the system should not be possible for the user!?
- Does PD actually do multicore processing?

Thanks for any help!

best

Fabio