[PD] graph on parent problem?

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Sun Dec 9 23:53:15 CET 2012

Hi, I looked at your patch and it actually has nothing to do with the array
being displayed via gop but rather the VU meter. Namely, your patch reads
from the input and uses [env~] object to capture input values. What you
didn't do, however, is given env~ object's buffer size, and I think it may
default to some awfully small buffer size, so you are asking VU meter to
update gui possibly thousands of times per second. To fix this, simply do
env~ 16384 or some other power of 2 number and you will be fine. Checked
here, after doing this it works fine. You can also try to enable gop but
remove vu meter from it and I suspect it will run heck of a lot faster...

If ever in doubt, you can always run pd-l2ork (or pd) with -d 3 flag which
will output to console all the gui communication. I did this and found bunch
of calls with RCOVER in one of the tags and traced that to vumeter external.

HTH

--
Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A
Composition, Music Technology