[PD] is there a kalman filter for pd? (if not I could probably provide one, if I make it :) )

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 11:38:52 CET 2012

Patrick, the barometer sensor samplerate is ~50 Hz and I did the
butterworth filter with regular Pd objects, not as external (see
attached).

In the Pd patch I modeled sensor noise (resolution 3 Pascal according
to datasheet) and pressure gradient, simulating vertical speed through
the air. The aim is to get 0.1 m/s accuracy in vertical speed reading.
Theoretically, this would be almost possible with the butterworth. But
our real sensor has much more noise than 3 Pascal resolution.
Therefore I'm still interested in better filters.

Katja