[PD] PD & AI

Marco Donnarumma devel at thesaddj.com
Mon Dec 17 02:23:47 CET 2012

Hey,

I've been using the ANN library.
I'm not sure it's still updated nor mantained these days, but it does work
well for my purpose.

http://puredata.info/search?SearchableText=ann

That is, I've been using it to make my instrument (the Xth Sense [1])
detect a performer's muscle states throughout a piece by using 1 sensor
only; then, labelling different states, such as still, motion, fast motion,
slow motion. It's a basic implementation but useful to create a sensing
timeline that changes with the performer behaviours, rather than with fixed
time cues.

Surely, there is much more to AI which cannot be presently done in Pd, at
the best of my knowledge, I might be wrong though.
Ben (Bogart) is our guy in this area.

What are you using Ben?

[1] http://res.marcodonnarumma.com/projects/xth-sense/

Hi all

--
Marco Donnarumma
New Media + Sonic Arts Practitioner, Performer, Teacher, Director.