[PD] PD & AI

Pedro Lopes pedro.lopes at ist.utl.pt
Mon Dec 17 16:46:35 CET 2012

They are all different things. ANN, HMM, etc... this is machine learning,
reasoning algorithms, and so forth.

As far as I know Pd has no basic set of machine learning techs, such as
openCV has.

I'm not a huge fan of replicating tools, so I would take existing external
tools and just interface with them, but since you point out that you are
not happy with them, my suggestion is useless. Anyway two pointers:
- http://sourceforge.net/projects/cvhmm/ (HMM)
- http://opencv.willowgarage.com/documentation/cpp/neural_networks.html (NN)

Best,
pedro
p.s.: this message is not opencv sponsored.

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 11:50 AM, Leandro da Mota Damasceno <
lemota at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, Marco. I have been using OSC communications with other software,
> but I'm far from satisfied. I'll try ANN, thought.
>
> I am actually interested in working with Hidden Markov Models (and machine
> learning in general) and some filters for computer vision. Can I work with
> those using ANN?
>
> Best,
>
> Leandro
>

> On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 11:23 PM, Marco Donnarumma <devel at thesaddj.com>wrote:
>
>> Hey,
>>
>> I've been using the ANN library.
>> I'm not sure it's still updated nor mantained these days, but it does
>> work well for my purpose.
>>
>> http://puredata.info/search?SearchableText=ann
>>
>> That is, I've been using it to make my instrument (the Xth Sense [1])
>> detect a performer's muscle states throughout a piece by using 1 sensor
>> only; then, labelling different states, such as still, motion, fast motion,
>> slow motion. It's a basic implementation but useful to create a sensing
>> timeline that changes with the performer behaviours, rather than with fixed
>> time cues.
>>
>> Surely, there is much more to AI which cannot be presently done in Pd, at
>> the best of my knowledge, I might be wrong though.
>> Ben (Bogart) is our guy in this area.
>>
>> What are you using Ben?
>>
>> [1] http://res.marcodonnarumma.com/projects/xth-sense/
>>

>> Hi all
>>>
>>> I have been wondering... Is there any AI implementation for PD? What
>>> have you been using for it?
>>>
>>> Best
>>>
>>> Leandro
>>
>> --
>> Marco Donnarumma
>> New Media + Sonic Arts Practitioner, Performer, Teacher, Director.
>> Embodied Audio-Visual Interaction Research Team.
>> Department of Computing, Goldsmiths University of London

Pedro Lopes (HCI Researcher / MSc)
contact: pedro.lopes at ist.utl.pt
website: http://web.ist.utl.pt/pedro.lopes /
http://pedrolopesresearch.wordpress.com/ | http://twitter.com/plopesresearch