[PD] mastering to vinyl live w/ pd

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 20 12:57:14 CET 2012

These are some abstractions I have made that do some of what you are asking...the compressor~ is vanilla.
Mastering is primarily about developing "golden ears" but you also need to take into account the RIAA curve: http://www.tanker.se/lidstrom/riaa.htm

Remember it's mechanical - I understand that once the RIAA is taken into account, the most pressing issue is bass - extreme bass and the needle jumps, too much and the track is too wide so you get less time. If it's set up wrong then tracks will overlap (but there could be some interesting "jumping record" experiments in there.

Best,
Ed

Gemnotes-0.2: Live music notation for Pure Data, now with dynamics!
http://sharktracks.co.uk/