[PD] Raspberry Pi versus BeagleBoard ?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Dec 20 17:31:42 CET 2012

One thing to remember with all these boards is that ARM boards are not PCs.  That means that they are not easily interchangeable.  There is not standardized techniques for booting, for example.  That means you better be sure you can get the distro that you want running on that board.  A Debian image running on a Beagleboard most likely will not boot on a RPi or the MK808.

.hc