[PD] more to translate: the new documentation system (aka search-plugin)

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 23 08:14:44 CET 2012

----- Original Message -----

It shold read "perform".  Also should probably remove "some sort of" from the description.

Btw-- Here are the current results I have for objects tagged with "analysis".
If anyone can find more objects that need the tag "analysis", or a more
refined short description of "analysis" please let me know:

bonk~
an attack detector for small percussion instruments

choice
search for a best match to an incoming list

fft~
Fourier analyses

fiddle~
pitch estimator and sinusoidal peak finder

pique
find peaks in an FFT spectrum

sigmund~
sinusoidal analysis and pitch tracking

maxlib/beat
beat tracker

maxlib/chord
tries to detect chords

maxlib/edge
detect rising or falling edge in floats

maxlib/gestalt
gestalt detection for monophonic melodies

maxlib/history
calculates the average of the floats that came in within the last N milliseconds

maxlib/pitch
get info about pitch

maxlib/rhythm
detects the beat of rhythmic patterns

maxlib/score
score follower that tries to match incoming MIDI data to a score stored in an array

maxlib/temperature
output number of input changes in N ms

> I also gazed on
> - store or manipulate an anything

An "anything" is any message that is accepted by the anything method
of a class.  I suppose I should shield this ugly terminology from the
user as much as possible.

Possible alternatives:
"store or manipulate messages" <-- too vague?
"store or manipulate any type of message" <-- what's a message "type"?  Doesn't include gem messages or GF grids...

> - provide trogonometric functionality (trigonometric?)

Better:
"provide trigonometric functionality"  <-- maybe "function" or "functions" or "function(s)"?

-Jonathan