[PD] [PD-announce] pd 0.44-0 test 1 released

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Tue Dec 25 22:00:56 CET 2012

Hi all -
I'm afraid to 'fix' this riht now, but will look at it at least.  Alternatively
I could add a message to pd to restort DSP without stopping/starting the
audio I/O, which I'm hoping will at least reduce the need to start/stop
SDP all the time.

The change that caused this problem is that I fixed Pd not to have the audio
system open whern DSP isn't running so that, on APIs in which audio is exclusive
(e.g., ALSA) you can turn DSP off in Pd and go off and use another device
with Pd remining open.

An alternative would be to have Pd automatically close audio devices on ALSA,
OSS, and MMIO but always keep it open when using jack.  But then what about
portaudio?  I somply don't know the correct way to deal with this.

cheers

And merry Christmas too...