[PD] pix_record continues to record, even with rendering turned off

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Dec 26 20:36:09 CET 2012

On 12/26/2012 15:08, Antonio Roberts wrote:
> I've noticed that [pix_record] will continue to record frames even if
> the [gemhead] object attached to it is switched off. Is this a bug?

the way to turn off recording is by sending a "record 0" message to
[pix_record], or - if you want to add single frames to a movie, to not
use "auto 0" mode and manually "bang" the frames you want to record.

> I've attached a sample patch, where I'm attempting to take a snapshot
> from a camera and save it to a video

even more interesting would be the OS and Gem-version your are using.
(but the above still is a valid answer)

fgamdsr
IOhannes