[PD] pix_record continues to record, even with rendering turned off

Antonio Roberts antonio at hellocatfood.com
Thu Dec 27 01:33:13 CET 2012

> the way to turn off recording is by sending a "record 0" message to
> [pix_record], or - if you want to add single frames to a movie, to not use
> "auto 0" mode and manually "bang" the frames you want to record.
Try out the example patch that's included in the last message. After
record is started it uses a bang to turn on the gemhead and to capture
one frame, and then turns it off again. However, the time between the
two frame captures is still recorded even if the gemhead is turned off
e.g. the 20 seconds between two bangs will still be recorded even if
rendering is stopped

Also, stopping recording writes the movie file, and restarting
recording will overwrite the previous file.

> even more interesting would be the OS and Gem-version your are using.
> (but the above still is a valid answer)

I'm using pd-extended 0.43.4~cvs20121225-1 on Ubuntu 12.04

antonio at hellocatfood.com
http://www.hellocatfood.com