[PD] more fun with translations

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 27 21:17:14 CET 2012

----- Original Message -----

[...]

>>  Is it possible to translate comments of the help patches in 5.reference in
> a similar
>>  manner?
>
> Not currently, but that is something I think we can do.  I guess the trickiest
> part is the file format.  I suppose there could be a .po file
> per-language-per-patch.  I'd rather see all the translations embedded into
> the patch.

Just made the search-plugin keywords translatable. There's  a [_ "name"] for
the keyword, then a "keyword" which is not translated. Seems to work fine.

But again, notice that this just kicks the ball down the field for the
non-English-speaking user.  Sure, they can get a list of included "bandlimited"
objects, but they all have english descriptions, patches, and readmes (if they
have them at all).

-Jonathan