[PD] translate the Start Here! page

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 6 00:22:05 CET 2013

----- Original Message -----

Of course.  I'm just giving you a beginner's perspective;  it's my own
memory of that perspective that drives me to work on tools which are currently
only marginally useful to me personally.  The supermajority of discontent
among your students tells me that this perspective hasn't changed much.
By far, that is currently the fault of the software-- the documentation is
currently too slim and core pd building blocks (and interface) too crude
for the question "how do I find more objects" to be anything like an ancillary
question.

A static out-of-date list is better than nothing, but as far as potential dev
energy I'd really rather see that put into core docs like the ones listed
on the bug tracker, which are extremely lacking.  That FLOSS list will hopefully
become obsolete, but the help docs won't-- even if they're dropped from
Pd-extended they're still publicly available.

-Jonathan