[PD] Loading Gui-Plugin in a Directory Other than in Standard Path

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri Jan 25 22:34:22 CET 2013

On 01/25/2013 04:21 PM, me.grimm wrote:
>> plugins can be loaded from the user-set path because I didn't see a reason why
>> someone would want to do that.
>
> that would be so one might have a different gui look for each of their
> patchs. or could distribute a gui-plug specific to their patch with
> their patches, etc.
>
> in my case im using the gui-plugs to make my patch look like some
> absrtacted, glitch, unusable mess... but then if i leave it in the
> standerd path every patch i would open would be like that there for if
> i could [declare] the path to the gui-plug then i wouldn't have to
> worry about it. only that one patch would have those properties....

Hmm, that would be tricky for Pd to make a GUI-plugin only apply to a single
patch, but you could program that in GUI plugin itself.  Use [wm stackorder .]
to get the list of open windows, then go thru the list and check [wm title ],
then compare that to the patchname you want to affect.  Then use that to make
a canvas id, and only use that canvasid to change things.  ROughtly like:

foreach mytoplevel [wm stackorder .] {
	if {[regsub {mypatchname} [wm title $mytoplevel]]} {
		set tkcanvas [tkcanvas_name $mytoplevel]
		break
	}
}

Now $tkcanvas is the canvas that you want.  I didn't try the above code, it
might have errors, but that's the idea.  You can also do that in a patch
itself with [hcs/window_name] and [hcs/canvas_name].

.hc