[PD] Working RPI Soundcards (was raspberry pi user experience)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 05:32:06 CET 2013

me? guide? to what?

Anyway, regarding RPI, are these cheap soundcards being tested supposed to
help in the CPU load?

I've testing some stuff with my audio card here on the macbook air, and
it's a RME Multiface II (via PCI-Express Card) and it doesn't seem to
affect so much the CPU load (as measured by pd's meter). I can see a better
improvement on latency though.

So, regarding the RPI, is the concern only about the latency? And how much
can a sound card help after all in any occasion/computer/systrem.

cheers