[PD] Fwd: Re: enhance pd-extended with pd-l2ork featues ?

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Wed Feb 6 22:49:23 CET 2013

On 02/06/2013 04:12 PM, Charles Goyard wrote:
> Charles Goyard wrote:
>> While I'm typing, my computer is building a fresh copy of pd-l2ork with
>> PKGBUILD to see if everything is ok.
> so everythings works fine with the /usr/local/ version.
>
> Except that the default.pdl2ork file is missing with the brand new
> PKGBUILD, so it makes it hard to have good defaults :).

That is then a bug in PKGBUILD. If you use l2ork script it builds just fine.

Fero,

When making the PKGBUILD, please make sure to install the file
<pd-l2ork_git_folder>/packages/linux_make/default.pdl2ork into the
<pd_install_folder>/ (e.g. /usr/local/pd-l2ork/default.pdl2ork). You are
also probably missing other file icons and shortcuts that are located in
the same folder. Please investigate
<pd-l2ork_git_folder>/l2ork_addons/tar_em_up.sh script and see what it
does. Also, investigate makefiles in the
<pd-l2ork_git_folder>/packages/linux_make/ folder to see what they do in
addition to the core build scripts.

Best wishes,

Ico

> Cheers,
> Charles

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A
Composition, Music Technology
Director, DISIS Interactive Sound & Intermedia Studio
Director, L2Ork Linux Laptop Orchestra
Head, ICAT IMPACT Studio
Virginia Tech
Department of Music