[PD] Fwd: absolute vs relative filepath on oggread~

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Mon Feb 11 18:31:10 CET 2013

> On 2013-02-08 22:18, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:
> > But it doesn't give you the name of the patch itself (which could
> > be useful for auto-naming files associated with the patch, e.g.
> > soundfiles). L2ORk's patch_name does everything getdir does
> > (optional argument traverses structure upwards to provide you with
> > info of patches/abstractions above it) plus gives you the patch
> > name.
>
> but only iemgut's [canvasname] allows you to also _rename_ a canvas
> under the hood. so that when you save or duplicate the patch it will
> show up under a new name (and possibly functionality).
>
> mdfar
> IOhannes
>
> iemgut's does everything pd-l2ork does plus it's been written by me :-)

Now that's a bold statement :-)

BTW, what is the advantage of canvasname? Seems to me that the only reason
it exists is because having multiple instances of same abstractions makes it
difficult to differentiate between them, which in case of pd-l2ork's
preset_hub/preset_name is completely a non-issue.

Best wishes,

Ico