[PD] tooltip rfc

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 28 04:13:53 CET 2013

----- Original Message -----

The level is actually handled elsewhere-- either with kludges using [namecanvas]
and passing arguments, or much more easily using iemguts or [canvasinfo], e.g.:

[tip 1 foo bar(

|    [loadbang]
|    |
|    [name(
|    |
|    [canvasinfo 0] <-- change the arg here for level
|    |
[send]

or
[name(

[canvasinfo]

[; $1 tip 1 foo bar(

or even

[self(

[canvasinfo]

[list $1, sendwindow tip 1 foo bar(

[pointer]

But that last one is really hacky and I might just remove pointers
from [canvasinfo] altogether since they seem to unnecessarily
complicate the code and the interface.

-Jonathan