[PD] making an external

Pagano, Patrick pat at digitalworlds.ufl.edu
Sat Mar 23 20:10:17 CET 2013

Hello

I just got a copy of Eric Lyon's book, Designing objects for Max and Pd. My idea is to turn some of Christopher Penrose's cool C code of wacky PV command line apps into a working pd external. The file is called aphrodite and it does some truly interestingstuff to soundfiles. Alas, I am a noobie when it comes to compiling and external, so I am posting this to the list with hopes of getting some help cleaning up the code and turning the code into a working aphrodite.pd_darwin. Would anyone on list be willing to help me get started and from this experience be able to continue to convert this cool code into a suite of cool PV externals?

I have attached a .zip of .c file and pv.h and helper.h and a makefile

Please let me know if anyone can or is willing to help me understand this process.

Thanks

Patrick